A Bit of History
Samael Aun Weor was born in Colombia on March 6, 1917. From an early age he became interested in the transcendental aspects of life and began a profound search in the various metaphysical schools existing at that time to find answers to the eternal questions: Who are we? What is the purpose of life? Why do we live? He comes to know the Theosophical Doctrine, the system of Gurdjieff, the Masonic tradition, the Gnostic-Rosicrucian tradition, that of the occultists of that time. He studies Kabbalah and Alchemy in depth. He experiences each theory in himself in order to verify its reality. So he begins a path towards self-knowledge that leads him to the discovery of the different dimensions of nature and of the great Masters that inhabit them. He enters the initiatic path and, after having overcome the corresponding esoteric trials, discovers that he has a very specific mission that of messenger or Avatâra of the new age of Aquiarius.
And it is through the eternal Gnosis, the Gnosis of yesterday and of always, that his message of the Three Factors of the Revolution of Consciousness: Psychological Death, Second Birth through sexual alchemy, and Sacrifice for humanity, reaches us.
The year is 1948 when in Colombia a small organization is formed, and within a short time it acquires an international character. It is in this context that the Master writes his first books or “Christmas Messages” (which will be more that 60 throughout his life) as to disseminate a wisdom that is as old as life: the knowledge of oneself. He first verifies the knowledge acquired in the different esoteric schools through Psychoanalytical Anthropology and profound meditation, and as he is confirming the teachings internally, a small group of disciples starts to gather around him, whom, in a natural way, will become the seed of the Contemporary Gnostic Movement.
Halfway through the 1950’s he leaves Colombia and begins a difficult journey through Panama, Costa Rica, Nicaragua, Honduras, El Salvador, Guatemala… traveling with his family throughout Central America.
Thus he arrives to the place that will become his home for the rest of his days: Mexico, there he will finish the inner Great Work. One after another he writes the books that will serve as a guide to the International Gnostic Movement. He will give a great number of public and private lectures, which today have been transcribed and translated into many languages. With him important international congresses are organized, and in several occasions he is invited to give press, radio and TV interviews, etc. And leading a great Gnostic movement, his message begins to spread into the United States and Canada, and in 1975 his teachings will arrive to Spain for the first time, and from there the teachings will spread throughout Europe, Africa, Asia and Oceania.
After the Self-Realization of his Being in Mexico City, Samael Aun Weor definitively abandons his physical body on December 24, 1977. And that very same month of December, on the 27th, he lives his esoteric resurrection. Since then he continues guiding the Gnostic movement from the superior dimensions of nature.
May the words that follow be of help to better understand a spiritual Master who is difficult to confine in any schema, which is why his universal work has spread throughout the five continents:
“We do not want idolaters… nor are we interested in followers. We are signposts; so do not become attached to us because our work is not one of proselytizing. We indicate the path to follow with logical thought and exact concept so that each person may arrive at his or her Inner Master, the one that dwells in silence within each one of you.
We tell you that wisdom belongs to the Intimate and that virtues and gifts are not a matter of poses or feigned meekness, but that they are terrible realities that turn us into powerful and gigantic oaks so that the blustery winds of thought, the threats of the tenebrous, the envy of the tyrants and the contempt of the evil ones dash to pieces against our strong personalities.
This teaching is for the rebels of all schools, for those that are not compliant with masters, for the non-conformist of all belief systems, for those who still have some courage and a spark of love left in their hearts.
We are not interested in anyone’s money or excited by monthly fees or by classrooms of brick and mortar, because we are conscious attendants of the Cathedral of the Soul and we know that Wisdom belongs to the Soul…
We are not looking for followers, we only want for each person to follow himself, their own Inner Master, their sacred Intimate, because the Intimate is the only one that can save us and glorify us…
We do not want more comedies or farces or false mysticism and false schools. Now we want living realities, to prepare ourselves in order to see, hear and touch the reality of those truths.
We grasp the Sword of Will in order to break all of the chains of the world and launch ourselves intrepidly into the terrible battle for liberation, because we know that salvation lies within man…”
Samael Aun Weor, Zodiacal Course
Dates given are those in which the book was written, not the publication date:
• Doorway to Initiation or Introductory Perfect Matrimony, 1950
• The Revolution of Beelzebub, 1950
• Zodiacal Course, 1951*
• Treatise of Occult Medicine and Practical Magic, 1951*/1952
• Secret Notes of a Guru, 1952
• The Book of the Virgin of Carmel, 1952
• Gnostic Catechism, 1952**
• Supreme Christmas Message 1952 (Gnosis XXth Century), 1952
• The Seven Words, 1953
• Igneous Rose, 1953*
• Second Christmas Message 1953 (Gnosis XXth Century), 1953
• Manual of Practical Magic, 1953/1954**
• Christmas Message 1954 (Gnosis XXth Century), 1954
• Treatise of Sexual Alchemy, 1954
• Christ Will, 1955
• Message for the 27th of October 1955 (Gnosis XXth Century), 1955
• Supreme Christmas Message 1955 (Gnosis XXth Century), 1955
• Major Mysteries, 1956
• Christmas Message 1956 (Gnosis XXth Century), 1956
• Christmas Message 1957 (Gnosis XXth Century), 1957
• Fundamental Notions of Endocrinology and Criminology, 1958**
• Esoteric Treatise of Theurgy, 1958
• The Aquarian Message, 1958*
• Christmas Message 1958-1959 (Gnosis XXth Century), 1958
• Logos, Mantram, Theurgy, 1959
• The Yellow Book, 1959**
• Supreme Christmas Message 1959-1960 (Gnosis s. XX), 1959
• The Mountain of Juratena, 1959***
• Supreme Christmas Message 1960-1961 (Gnosis XXth Century), 1960
• Introduction to Gnosis, 1960/1961***
• The Perfect Matrimony, 1961
• The Social Christ, 1961
• Supreme Christmas Message 1961-1962 (Gnosis XXth Century), 1961
• Aztec Christic Magic, 1962
• The Mysteries of Fire, 1962
• The Book of the Death, 1962**
• Supreme Christmas Message 1962-1963 (Gnosis XXth Century), 1962
• Supreme Christmas Message 1963-1964 (Gnosis XXth Century), 1963
• Christmas Message 1964-1965, 1964
• Cosmic Ships, 1965
• Supreme Christmas Message 1965-1966, 1965
• Fundamental Education, 1965
• The Social Transformation of Humanity, 1965
• Christmas Message 1966-1967. Buddha’s Necklace, 1966
• The P.O.S.C.L.A. Platform, 1967**
• Christ Consciousness, 1967
• Esoteric Treatise of Hermetic Astrology, 1967**
• Christmas Message 1967-1968. The Solar Bodies, 1967
• Flying Saucers, 1968
• Christmas Message 1968-1969. Esoteric Course of Magic Runes, 1968*
• Tarot and Kabbalah, 1969
• Christmas Message 1969-1970: My Return to Tibet, 1969
• Christmas Message 1970-1971: Parsifal Unveiled, 1970
• Christmas Message 1971-1972: The Mystery of the Golden Blossom, 1971
• Gazing at the Mystery, 1972
• Christmas Message 1972-1973: The Three Mountains, 1972
• Christmas Message 1973-1974: Yes, There is a Hell; Yes, There is a Devil;
Yes, There is Karma, 1973*
• Christmas Message 1974-1975: The Secret Doctrine of Anahuac, 1974
• Christmas Message, 1975-1976: Treatise of Revolutionary Psychology, 1974/1975*
• Christmas Message 1976-1977: The Great Rebellion, 1976*
• Gnostic Anthropology, 1977***
• The Revolution of the Dialectic, 1977***
• Mayan Mysteries, 1977
• For the Few, 1977
• Christmas Message, 1977-1978: Treatise of Occult Medicine and Practical Magic, 1977
• Pistis Sophia Unveiled, 1977
• Esoteric Course of Kabbalah***
• Lamasery Exercises***
• We Will Get to the Thousand but not to the Two Thousand***
• The Awakening of Men***
Books marked with:
* Indicate discrepancies among sources regarding the date.
** Indicates a date based on other gnostic sources.
***Indicates books whose date is unknown or uncertain.
“I want to tell you that these teachings for the New Aquarian Era
are being delivered in accordance with the Law of Musical Octaves.
Each one of the books is developed in successively higher notes.
When we arrive at the note-synthesis then, the message shall be concluded.
Afterwards, I will depart with my Divine Mother Kundalini towards Eternity.”
Samael Aun Weor, My Return to Tibet